Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This page may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. There is no additional cost to you whatsoever.
Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Smart WiFi Router with 160MHz, MU-MIMO and Quad Stream technology delivers WiFi to multiple devices simultaneously for faster speeds.
Stream 4K content in pristine quality with 160MHz support while receiving ultimate WiFi speeds of up to 2.53Gbps, with a powerful 1.7GHz dual-core processor.
You can enjoy smoother streaming and gaming by prioritizing application and device with Dynamic QoS!
Netgear R7800-100NAS Nighthawk X4S Description
The Netgear Nighthawk X4S looks very similar to the Nighthawk X4 router I looked at last year. It’s the Batman of routers – all-black, with its numerous angles making it something you may want to show off rather than hide away. If you’re the kind of person who’d consider a router something worth an audience, that is.
Its front is packed with LEDs that blink brightly during operation. But thankfully, a switch on the rear can be flipped to turn all but the power LED off.
Four antennas protrude from the Nighthawk X4S, giving it an imposing look, and the unit is fairly large overall. The X4S is perhaps a little less bonkers-looking than the D-Link DIR-890L AC3200, but it’s clear that these two high-end routers are aiming for the roughly same market.
Many will be attracted to the Netgear Nighthawk X4S because of its promise of up to 1,733Mbps from its 5GHz band and 800Mbps from the 2.4GHz one. Right now, however, the only real way to see the X4S is to use a second router as a bridge, monitoring the transfer rate between the two.
In fact, it’s actually some of the router’s other features that help legitimise the Netgear Nighthawk X4S’s expense in reality.
[+] AC2600 WiFi—800+1733 Mbps speeds
[+] X4 Architecture for more high-fidelity streams
[+] 160MHz, MU-MIMO, and Quad-Stream technology
[+] Powered by 1.7GHz dual core processor
[+] Network storage-ready with twin USB 3.0 and eSATA
[+] Four high-gain external antennas and Beamforming+ for maximum range
[+] Advanced features for lag-free gaming
[+] Manage your home network with NETGEAR genie
Netgear R7800-100NAS Nighthawk X4S Overview
Advanced Gaming & Streaming
Nighthawk® X4S AC2600 Smart WiFi Router with 160MHz, MU-MIMO and Quad Stream technology delivers WiFi to multiple devices simultaneously for faster speeds. Stream 4K content in pristine quality with the highest possible 160MHz bandwidth. Enjoy ultimate WiFi speeds up to 2.53Gbps, a powerful 1.7GHz dual core processor, and Dynamic QoS, delivering smoother streaming and gaming by prioritizing applications and devices.
Step up your WiFi
Bring your network up to Nighthawk speeds, with NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S, delivering combined speeds up 2.53Gbps.
Learn more about Nighthawk X4S, with 160MHz, MU-MIMO and Quad Stream technology.
- Get ultimate WiFi speeds-up to 2.53Gbps (800+1733 Mbps)
- Quad-Stream technology delivers WiFi to multiple devices simultaneously for faster speeds
- Next generation Wave2 WiFi-160MHz, MU-MIMO, Quad-stream
- Four high-performance external antennas deliver maximum range
- Dynamic QoS prioritizes network traffic by application and device
- Powerful 1.7GHz dual-core processor boosts performance for gaming and streaming
- Beamforming+ improves wireless range and reliability
- Twin USB 3.0 and eSATA ports offer high-speed, USB storage-ready access
- Easily manage your home network with the NETGEAR genie app
Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO)
- Traditional WiFi routers can stream data to only one device in the home at a time. When multiple devices are connected to the router, each device needs to take its turn, and then wait before receiving more data. This can lead to slower network and Internet speeds. Using Multi-User MIMO technology, NETGEAR routers can stream data to multiple devices simultaneously. With MU-MIMO, your WiFi network can deliver faster throughput to every MU-MIMO connected device. That means faster downloads and smoother streaming for your devices.
Quad-Stream X4 Architecture
Quad-stream Wave 2 WiFi, the industry’s latest WiFi technology, means the X4S supports up to four data streams in each WiFi band, maximizing connection speeds for faster gaming and smoother HD video streaming with greater clarity and less buffering.
Dynamic Quality of Service (QoS)
If you like gaming and streaming videos, then you can benefit from Dynamic Quality of Service (QoS). Dynamic QoS automatically prioritizes bandwidth to latency sensitive applications like online gaming and video streaming by recognizing application and device information as well as bandwidth needs. Dynamic QoS will also ensure that lower priority applications like file downloads will never get completely stopped.
Powerful Dual-Core 1.7GHz Processor
Basic WiFi routers use simple single-core processors to connect WiFi devices to the Internet. Nighthawk X4S delivers simultaneous dual band WiFi, Quad-Stream performance on each band, Multi-User MIMO, 160MHz, has 5 Gigabit LAN ports, as well as one eSATA and dual USB 3.0 interfaces to connect external USB storage. Using a single-core processor would cause severe performance issues as various processes compete for CPU Power. That’s why the X4S utilizes a powerful 1.7GHz dual-core processor to separate processes and prioritize high-performance WiFi connections.
- Front View
- Nighthawk X4S Smart WiFi Router
- Ethernet cable
- Quick start guide
- Power adapter, localized to country of sale
Buy Nighthawk X4S AC2600 at cheapest price here: