Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This page may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. There is no additional cost to you whatsoever.
TP-LINKs Archer C7 comes with the next generation Wi-Fi standard – 802.11ac,3 times faster than wireless N speeds and delivering a combined wireless data transfer rate of up to 1.75Gbps,with 1.3Gbps over 5GHz band and 450Mbps over the 2.4GHz band.
In this era a router is a vital gadget in any home of workplace however then the selection of the precise one relies upon on one’s wishes as within the size of the documents to be transmitted, the velocity one needs and the friendliness in placing it up. TP-Link Archer C7 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (AC1750) stands to deal with most of these needs you’ve got at the back of your thoughts.
This Archer C7 AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router from TP-Link functions twin band capability at the side of the enhanced 802.11ac Wi-Fi wellknown imparting improved wi-fi statistics transfer accelerates to 1300 Mbps.
Along with the 802.11ac Wi-Fi fashionable, this lets in seamless connectivity with a wide variety of Wi-Fi enabled gadgets. Additionally, the Archer C7 helps each 2.Four GHz and 5 GHz frequencies making it clean to allocate greater records in depth responsibilities to the much less congested five GHz frequency.
Along with more suitable wi-fi coverage, you furthermore may benefit from 4 full gigabit internet ports positioned at the back of the router. Whether connecting to the router thru Wi-Fi or the incorporated gigabit net ports, you could relaxation assured your connection is comfortable as this router helps WEP, WPA / WPA2, and WPA / WPA2-PSK encryption requirements.
Along with greater encryption standards, this router additionally supports a ramification of get admission to manage strategies such as parental controls, neighborhood control control, host list, get admission to time table, and rule management providing you with entire administrative rights to your complete network.
KEY BENEFITS Of The TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer C7)
[+] Stream in 4K on multiple devices and reduce buffering by upgrading to 1750 Mbps AC WiFi (N450+AC1300)
[+] Gigabit Ethernet ports, ideal for any internet plan and allow you to directly connect your wired devices
[+] USB Access – Share your USB drive content wirelessly
[+] Works with all Wi-Fi devices, AC and older
[+] TP-Link Tether app – Easily set up and manage your home network at home or remotely
[+] Includes industry leading 2-year warranty and FREE 24/7 technical support
[+] J.D. Power Ranked TP-Link “Highest in Customer Satisfaction for Wireless Routers” in 2017
Key Features Of The TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer C7)
- The Archer C7 operates over both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, ensuring amazing wireless performance. Simultaneous Dual Band offers you the flexibility of two dedicated networks with multiple times the bandwidth for your needs.
- Simple tasks like sending e-mails or web browsing can be handled by the 2.4GHz band while bandwidth intensive tasks like online gaming or HD video streaming can be processed by the 5GHz band all at the same time.
- With 3 external dual band antennas combined with higher quality antenna technology, you can maintain high speeds across greater distances. This provides you with incredible wireless coverage and reliability from anywhere in your large home or office.
- With the two multi-functional USB 2.0 ports, you can share printers, files and media with different devices through your local network or via the ftp server while away from home.
- With one gigabit WAN port and four gigabit LAN ports, speeds can be up to 10× faster than standard Ethernet connections. The Archer C7 is a powerful hub to support a robust and extremely fast wired network.
- The Guest Network page allows you to create separate networks with limited access for guests, and it lets you set bandwidth control and access schedules for each network. In Parental Controls you can create access schedules and compile a list of allowed websites for specific clients.
- There’s also a separate Access Control option that allows you to create network-wide internet access rules. Other settings include Advanced Routing, Bandwidth Control, Port Forwarding and
- Port Triggering, VPN Pass-Through and Firewall settings, and Dual-Band Selection, which lets you enable and disable each radio band.
- In System Tools you can change time settings, run network diagnostics, update the router’s firmware, back up settings, and view system logs.
Installation and Performance
Setup is straightforward. The Archer A7 can be setup with the TP Link Tether app or by navigating to http://tplinkwifi.net on your browser to access the management console. Once logged in, all you do is click the Quick Setup tab on the left and choose Auto-Detect, follow the easy prompts and in a few minutes, you’re done. You can choose to run Concurrent (dual-band) Wi-Fi or just a single band –2.4GHz or 5GHz, but you can’t run both.
The Archer A7 rocks with its newer Alexa integration and delivers impressive throughput of 92.6Mbps on 2.4GHz band, which is significantly higher than other budget routers that top up at 75.1Mbps. For instance, the Netgear AC1200 attains 74.2Mbps, while the Linksys EA6350 AC1200+ delivers 72.6Mbps on the same close-proximity tests.
On 5GHz band, the Archer A7’s performance is outstanding for a budget router, delivering 511Mbps on a close-proximity test, compared to the Netgear R6220’s 332Mbps and the D-Link DIR-842’s 108Mbps. The single USB 2.0 port’s read and write file-transfer speeds are middling, which is the same thing you’d experience from most budget routers.
TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer C7) Conclusion
The TP-Link Archer A7 AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router may not cost much $57.99 at Amazon , but you may not tell its performance and feature set from just the price. Its 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands throughput scores are much better than other similarly priced budget routers. Plus, it offers Amazon Alexa integration as a new feature alongside numerous management settings and useful I/O ports. The A7’s interface would use an update to accompany the new version (V5), however, and its file-transfer could be better. Nevertheless, the TP-Link AC1750 still is, the fastest dual-band router in its class, thus our Top Pick for budget routers.
Get TP-Link Archer C7 from Amazon here: