With combined speeds of up to 3150Mbps, the Archer C3150 easily handles demanding activities at the same time.
The router uses the latest innovations in WiFi technology to create a faster, stronger, more reliable wireless network for your home. With the Archer C3150, lag, dropped connections, and dead zones will become a thing of the past.
The Archer C3150 boasts a powerful combination of advanced Broadcom NitroQAM technology and 4-Stream technology, which boosts wireless speeds up by 25%.
This provides the speed and elite performance that you need to support your most demanding online applications, including simultaneous 4K streaming and online gaming.
Archer C3150 Features:
- Advanced 4-Stream and NitroQAM™ technology to boost wireless speeds by up to 25%
- High powered amplifier and 4 antennas provide maximum wireless coverage and network stability
- Beamforming technology provides wider wireless coverage and more reliable connections
- Dual core CPU and 2 co-processors handle simultaneous connections without interruption
- High speed USB ports for printer and media sharing
- Access files remotely via the built-in FTP server
- Parental controls for establishing resticted access
- Guest Network Access creates secure wireless access for visitors, separate from the main network
- IP Based bandwidth control for connected devices
- Secure access to office networks with VPN support
- SPI Firewall, DoS and IP/Domain address filtering
- 64/128-bit WEP, WPA/WPA2 and WPA/WPA2-PSK wireless encryption
- Full Gigabit network ports for faster data transfers
- Connections: 1x RJ45 WAN, 4x RJ45 LAN, 1x USB 3.0 and 1x USB 2.0
- Supports Win XP/Vista/7/8/10, Linux and Mac OS
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 37x264x198mm
Feature-rich including added security
The Archer C3150 V2 is packed full of features. Often, you find that a router at this price point will be missing a few major things, but this router has it all.
With smart connect, the router will automatically place each device on either the 2.4GHz or 5GHz network, whichever has a better signal. Airtime fairness helps speed up networks with older devices connected. The Archer C3150 V2 also includes MU-MIMO for fast simultaneous connections and beamforming to focus Wi-Fi directly on devices.
One rare bonus on this router is link aggregation. This allows you to combine two gigabit LAN ports into one super-fast 2 gigabit per second (Gbps) port for wired devices. This will come in handy if you have a network attached storage (NAS) device that will be accessed by multiple devices. The router also features co-processors for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, to help handle your network load.
Great range with consistent speed throughout your home
The TP-Link Archer C3150 V2 is an AC3150-rated router, offering speeds of 1,000 Mbps on 2.4GHz and 2,167Mbps on 5GHz. It has these theoretical speeds due to its high-end 1024-QAM modulation, called NitroQAM, and four spatial streams. This provides speeds 25 percent faster than standard 256-QAM 802.11ac routers. Keep in mind, though, that many factors will diminish these speeds, including interference, your internet connection and older devices on your network.
In my throughput testing, I was again pleasantly surprised by the Archer C3150 V2. It had great range and speeds, comparable to high-end routers I’ve tested in the past, such as the Asus RT-AC86U and the D-Link DIR-882. On 2.4GHz, speeds were very consistent all the way up to 50 feet away, averaging just above 160Mbps everywhere I tested. A large home should see good coverage throughout. You may even get some decent coverage out in your yard.
· Ethernet Ports: 4 10/100/1000Mbps LAN Ports & 1 10/100/1000Mbps WAN Port
· USB Port: 1 USB 3.0 Port + 1 USB 2.0 Port
· Button: WPS Button, Reset Button, Wireless On/O Button, LED On/O Button,
Power On/O Button
· External Power Supply: 12V/5A
· Dimensions (W x D x H): 10.4×7.8×1.5 in. (263.8×197.8×37.3mm)
· Antenna: 4 Dual Band Detachable Antennas
· Wireless Standards: IEEE 802.11ac/n/a 5GHz, IEEE 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz
· Frequency: 2.4GHz and 5GHz
· Signal Rate: 2167Mbps at 5GHz, 1000Mbps at 2.4GHz
· Transmit Power: CE: <20dBm(2.4GHz), <23dBm(5GHz)
· Reception Sensitivity: 5GHz: 11a 6Mbps: -91dBm
11a 54Mbps: -72dBm
11n HT20: -70dBm
11n HT40: -69dBm
11ac HT20: -60dBm
11ac HT40: -61dBm
11ac HT80: -56dBm
2.4GHz: 11g 54Mbps: -73dBm
11n HT20: -72dBm
11n HT40: -69dBm
· Wireless Function: Enable/Disable Wireless Radio, WDS Bridge, WMM, Wireless
· Wireless Security: 64/128-bit WEP, WPA/WPA2, WPA-PSK/WPA-PSK2 encryptions
The TP-Link Archer C3150 V2 has nearly everything you could want in a router for around $200. It performed exceptionally well in my speed and range tests and includes all the features you need for a medium to large home. The app could use more customization options but the web interface was very helpful and easy to use. The additions of link aggregation and its HomeCare security make this router a must have. Novice users or techies who want complete control of their home network will get great bang for their buck.
Get TP-Link AC3150 from Amazon here: